Monday, August 01, 2005

"African Democracy: A Primer for Development Workers" - FIRST DRAFT

I have just completed the first draft of "African Democracy;
A Primer for Development Workers." The premise of this document
is that democracy is no less a part of African culture than it
is an inherent part of European and North American culture. The
democratic traditions in African culture can either be
cultivated and encouraged in order to help develop modern
practices and institutions of democratic governance, or they
can be ignored, stifled, or suppressed. Grassroots development
workers, I contend, can have a positive role in encouraging the
development of African democracy without involving themselves
in partisan politics.

Please download a copy of the document in PDF format. Once you
have read it, please return here to post your comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am an African study student, I must comend you for such a wonderful write up. it has given my a huge resource for my idependent study project.
Tanx Arinxeh

Kelly J Morris said...

Thank you very much for your comment.

FYI I will self-publish "African Democracy" as a short book sometime before the end of 2006. It will be available to order at Lulu.com. I will anounce the publication date on the blog and at my website.

Best wishes. Kelly J. Morris